Friday 14 January 2011

[FORUM] What forum software?

When looking for a forum software you always want to look for something that meets the requirements below:

  • Fast
  • Good Looking
  • Useful Plugins
  • Good Support
  • No Bugs
  • Later Version (not a new forum software)
This is why I have made a little list on the best forums software's that I think you should use when making a forum and why.

Free forum softwares:
MyBB- Great themes, plugins and support. Easy to install and customize   (suggested for beginners)
PhpBB- Great themes, Support and customizable                                     (suggested for pro's) 

Paid forum softwares:
IPB, VBulletin,Xenforo
Although I have not personally used these myself I have seen the design of the forums and have administrated at forums running these softwares. They all have a great design and custom features.

Free hosted softwares:
Zetaboards- Has great support, and good feedback from all people I know that use it.
Forumotion- I have used this myself. Love the themes (most of them) support is great and most of the forumotion forums grow well. Even though I dont like it anymore (because of customizations) but it is good for starters.

Hope this review helps you to choose the software for you and if not sorry :)

Martin J. Willard

No comments:

Post a Comment